We know that there are some amazingly talented people out there and we want you!
We are always looking for new stars to perform at Doncaster Little Theatre in and amongst our incredible cast and crew.
To audition for Doncaster Little Theatre cast productions you can become an Artistic Member. This allows people to get up on the stage and be inspired to perform.
You can act, direct, manage stage sound and lighting, or work backstage as a stagehand, in the workshop, dressing rooms, or costume department.
Artistic membership includes all the perks of being a friend of the theatre. It really is your opportunity to access all areas in being part of a theatre for the great price of £24 for your first year, £36 for each year after that.
AUDITION FOR THE FOLLOWING CAST
- Dick Whittington: Female Principal Boy, must sing and dance and have energy and enthusiasm.
- Alderman Fitzwarren: Good natured sea-faring merchant and owner of a store in London, mature male
- Alice: The Alderman’s daughter, pretty and Principal Girl must sing and dance.
- Dolly Dumpling: The Alderman’s cook and is a typical Pantomime Dame, male with singing ability and have energy and the ability to be creative with character.
- Idle Jack: He is the Simple Simon of the piece and Dolly’s son. Plays the fool and sings.
- Captain Cuttlefish: Sea Captain, male or female the character is an oddball and part of the comedy duo.
- Scupper: Captains idiotic mate.
- King Rat: Immortal Baddie could be made into Queen Rat
- Fairy Bowbells: Immortal good Fairy. Would prefer cockney accent for this role. Sings.
- Sultan of Morocco: Small acting role would be chorus in act one and Sultan in Act two. May be Sultana if suited.
- Tom: Dick Whittington’s `cool` Cat. (small speaking role)
- 4 Ratlings needed: Non speaking roles.
All those auditioning must be prepared to rehearse twice a week plus an intensive week of rehearsals prior to production. There will be 16 performances from the 16th of December to 31st of December. Rehearsals/read through commences first week of October where Act One will be expected to have been learnt by cast members.
Costumes are provided by the theatre but cast members will be expected to provide footwear and minimal items of props.
Auditions for any of the roles will be on Sunday 30th of July and Monday 31st of July whilst the theatre has an open weekend of activities and workshops. Please contact the theatre for audition material from the 3rd of June this will be available on line and from the box office. See details on our website.
Please fill out our contact form if you wish to audition..!
Subscribe to our Audition mailing list for upcoming parts at The Little Theatre
Audition pieces will be available in the theatre or online prior to the dates that are listed above.
If you are interested in auditioning but unable to attend the given date/time please contact the Director / Box Office (01302 340422)